halloween

Friday, January 24, 2014

FAME

We will begin the Holocaust novel unit on Tuesday, January 28.  Your child was given the title of the novel he/she will read.  I am going to try and give a copy of The Diary of a Young Girl to each student assigned to that particular book.  They will be able to borrow this book for the entire novel unit.  However, I am not able to do that with the other three titles.  If your child is behind in reading because of being absent or just happens to get behind during class, he/she will not be allowed to take one of my novels home.  I would suggest seeing if the Pittsburg Public Library has a copy.  In addition, your child can go to Mrs. Katsbulas' room at 6:50 AM every morning to catch up on reading.  This is our morning FAME program.  If your child chooses to do this, I will need to know that day before so I can have a copy of the book in her room.  Even if your child needs to make-up work, he can attend this program.  He is allowed to eat a school breakfast upon arrival.